The Directorate of Personnel (ATSE) is generally responsible for all matters concerning appointments, placements, promotions, welfare, discipline and disengagement of all Administrative and Technical staff in the College, both senior and junior.
The Directorate of Personnel (ATSE) is divided into three units namely Senior Staff Matters unit, Junior Staff Matters unit and the Records unit.
The Directorate is headed by a Deputy Registrar.
The schedule of duties of the Directorate are:
1. Assisting the Registrar in formulating, planning and implementing approved personnel policies.
2. Servicing of Appointments and Promotions Committee (A&T) and the Junior Staff Establishments Committee which involves preparation and circulation of agenda and papers for the committees’ meetings and ensuring the implementation of all decisions reached at such meetings.
3. Ensuring proper placement of employees by posting them to areas where they will be most effective, taking into considerations their capabilities, characters and temperament.
4. Assisting in maintaining law and order within the College and administering punitive and corrective measures to erring staff when necessary.
5. Updating of staff records when necessary.
6. Ensuring employees’ welfare is well taken care of and thereby maintaining industrial peace.
7. Interpretation of College regulations in consonance with the conditions of service.
8. Proper records keeping which includes filling of documents into the personal files of staff and retrieval of same when needed.
9. Assisting the Registrar to attend to sundry personnel matters that affect Administrative and Technical staff.